The idea of setting up Tosho Gastrobar arises from two Galician brothers, Kike and Anton Castiñeiras, passionate and creative chefs, who after working in the catering business for nearly 10 years, tired of producing food in series, as in a food factory, they decided to work hard on an idea that had been going on in their minds for some time: to create a gastro-bar, where they could give free rein to all their culinary imagination, to create delicious dishes with very personal touches in a changing menu that does not bore either creators or diners.
Thus, Tosho Gastro Bar opened in early March in the coastal town of El Cotillo, and since then they have only delighted the palates of people visiting them, many of them revisiting time and again, surprised by the wit and delicacy of the dishes they prepare.
Macaronesia was in this place, decorated with an extraordinary, simple, modern and cosy taste, and here we tell you about what we tried, so that your mouth waters and you don’t hesitate to visit them and draw your own conclusions.
1. Grilled scallops on white asparagus, aloe flowers and crispy gofio cream.
2. Gyozas: Japanese style ravioli stuffed with shrimps, cabbage, coriander and ginger, with wasaby chips.
3. Sticky rice with rabbit, porcini and organic mushrooms.
4. Deconstructed cod pie: fresh cod loin, cooked at low temperature, served on the typical pie filling -raisins, onion, pepper, paprika-, with crunchy wheat.
5. Veal Cheeks on mashed potatoes with crispy Tosho and shallots.
Cuisine. Creative. Mix of culinary styles from different cultures.
Hours. Wednesday through Monday from 12: 30p.m. to 11P.m. Closed on Tuesday.
Address. Reyes Católicos, 10. El Cotillo.
Reservations phone. +34 667 55 22 45.
Menu. menu with a few dishes that are constantly changing. Special tasting menu to try all the dishes on the menu in «tapas».
Average price per person. 20-30 €.